Monday, April 15, 2013

Did you hear me . . . ?


“Focus, focus!” These two little words are spoken almost daily to my seven year old son. I am constantly reminding him to “pay attention” or “stop and listen”.  Yet, there are times I hear the Lord speak these very same words to me. Why? Am I as distracted as a seven year old boy? Do I really, at this stage of my life, need to “focus” or “stop and listen”? Apparently, the answer must be yes.


Focus means to be in a state or condition permitting clear perception or understanding. When “focused” we see the path we are “suppose” to be on, not the path that ministry, kids, husband, work, or life is pulling us toward.  The Bible says it this way,  “Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you” (Prov 4:25).

When we loose our focus, we loose our peace, our resolve, and maybe even some honor. “I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling me” (Phil 3:14). Focus gives us clear perception and perspective. When our eyes have a clear focal point, those little distractions become insignificant. We run our race with determination and grace because we can see the reward at the finish line!

So, stay focused ladies, “stop and listen”. God has called you to walk the path you are on for this season . . .“pay attention”.

Your fellow Queen in the Kingdom,
Love and Blessings,
Vickie


No comments:

Post a Comment