Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mirror, Mirror on the wall . . .


Mirror, Mirror on the wall . . . 

As I gaze into the mirror and try to recognize the one who is looking back at me, I have to ask myself, “who am I”? Focusing on new laugh lines and grey hair doesn’t help the situation; it only causes my reflection to look more and more like a stranger to me. Yet, I know me, I’m a wife, mother, business owner, minister, missionary, etc.. Anyway, who cares what that old mirror says. But yet, the reflection taunts me.

So after more reflection, only this time in the Word of God, I realize that the question, “who am I”, should really be stated, “Who I am!”

God says, 
I am greatly loved by Him” (Rom 1:7); “I am strengthened with all might according to His glorious power" (Col 1:11), that “I am His workmanship, created in Christ unto good works” (Eph 2:10and that “I am His elect, full of mercy, kindness, humility, and longsuffering (Rom 8:33Col 3:12).

So as this week unfolds, and you happen to catch a glimpse of that stranger in the mirror, remember, “It is not I who lives, but Christ who lives in me!” (Gal 2:20)

Allow His Word to cast the true reflection of who you are and hold your head high throughout the day!
 
Your fellow Queen in the Kingdom,
Love and Blessings,
Vickie

1 comment: